Total Pageviews

Saturday 30 April 2011

A right royal moth!


Yesterday was the Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton, now the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge. We were planning on a chilled out day round at my Mum and Dad's house with all the family, but it didn't turn out that way.

The day before, I had an email at work from my sister, Tracey, to tell me that Dad was ill with Gastric Flu and the day had been cancelled.

I should have just said "Oh no, what a shame" and we could have had a quiet one at home, but to be honest, on a day like that you want to be around people, so I offered to do it at mine instead! Cue racing round the shops, spending, phoning, baking for the next 24hrs. I woke at 6am on the Wedding day and didn't stop until 8:30pm, but it was a great day.

The dress, the ring that nearly didn't go on Kate's finger, our future King taking his new wife for a spin in an old Aston Martin - it was great. We had a laugh with all our friends, neighbours and family and it was well worth all the effort.

And then... just to top the day off for me, my four year old daughter, Holly, brought in an egg cup with her hand over the end. "Look what I've found Mummy" and she took her hand away and there was the most beautiful moth. Ant (male, 34years old) shrieked like a girl and I got the Insect book out, but I couldn't pinpoint it.

I took a picture and started a new thread on wildaboutbritain.co.uk (which is fab by the way), and sure enough a Knight Grand Cross of the Wild Empire, by the name of Aeshna (actually, maybe it was a dame) told me that this lovely creature was called an Angle-Shades Moth. One more to add to my list!

No comments: