Total Pageviews

Monday 30 June 2014

5 little speckled frogs

I can't believe I forgot the frogs in my last post!

I'm not sure how many visit us, but I've seen at least 5 together & on a hot sunny day they like to sit on the rocks under the waterfall (which incidentally I don't put on for fear of filtering out a large part of my little eco system) where there is a dark cool pool of water for them to have a dip in as and when they feel like it. 



And this year I was ridiculously excited when I found our first ever batch of frogspawn! Unfortunately, so were the newts I think, because I saw few tadpoles this spring and zero froglets & a tadpole is a protein packed snack for a hungry newt.



Apparently frogs can't see you unless you are moving, but I think my frogs know when I'm there. Peering into the gap between the waterfall and the rocks is a daily event for me & they always seem to be staring straight at me when I eventually spot them in the gloom.


No comments: